APRN volunteers for PBS TV on March 12th
This announcement has 1 attachment:
As discussed in the meeting regarding the PBS event. Please review the information and complete the form that is attached. If you are having problems with this information, please contact me.
The shift for Sunday, March 12th will be shifted to a morning schedule due to TV program changes.
We are very excited about the opportunity to have the Advanced Practice Nurses (APRN) volunteers with us in the GPB studios on Sunday, March 12, 2017 and we estimate that the new volunteer schedule will be approximately 9:00pm to 3:30pm for a special, live on-air, TV Membership Campaign.
As soon as I receive the confirmed time of TV programing I will confirm the volunteer schedule time.
These are the next steps:
- Please complete the attached Conf. Pledge Form to include the names of the volunteers in your group, scan the completed form and e-mail it back to me as soon as you are able.
- Please e-mail to me the company/organizational logo(s) to be used during this production - Preferred logo format: vector, jpeg, eps by Wednesday, March 1.
- Throughout the taping, we will show your group’s logo in a still and mention the organization during both programs.
- Include organization pictures in the same format as above. Time permitting, we may use the pictures along with the logo.
- Please Identify and send me the name of the representative from your group that will be interviewed on live TV.
- The TV producer will meet your representative prior to the interview; therefore, it is important to introduce this person to the TEAM trainer upon your arrival.
- During the Live TV filming a representative from your organization will be granted an on-air interview. The interview will contain the following three questions:
1. Tells us about why you choose to volunteer with GPB today?
2. Tells us a little bit about your organization? (Mission statement)
3. Where can we find more information? (Provide website)
Production Participation Details for VGIFT Volunteers:
· Date: Sunday, March 12, 2017 – 9:00am to 3:00pm
· Volunteer Check In: 9:00 am
· Training begins: 9:10 pm (computer donation system, phone operations and in studio live airing instructions)
· Location: GPB Studios at 260 14th Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30039 (directions attached)
· Volunteer Participation Includes: In the GPB TV studio at out phone bank taking calls from members, viewers and listeners.
· Program: Ken Burns followed by Musical Performance
· Dress: comfortably, casual or business attire, organization t-shirts. Wearing organization shirts is preferred (no logo or advertising shirts for organizations other than yours)
· We have 20 volunteer seats available for this production.
· While volunteering with us everyone will receive:
o Free Parking
o Catered meal provided by C. Parks Catering
§ This will be a hearty lunch, salad, and dessert
o Thank you gifts
o Opportunities to win great raffle prizes
Thanks so much and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Lisa Marcia Morris
Volunteer Services Manager
260 14th Street N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30318